Dublin, Ireland – 28th FEBRUARY, 2020 - KamaGames, the largest European social mobile poker operator, has today announced their 2019 end of year results, revealing a fourth year of consecutive growth for the company.
KamaGames is proud to announce that the conclusion of 2019 marked an exceptional year of growth for the company. In these latest results reflecting the 1st January - 31st December 2019 period, KamaGames reports total revenues of $90.4M, a +18.3% growth from 2018 which stood at $76.4M. This notable increase is ahead of the overall market revenue growth which stood at +8.1% in 2019 after experiencing a 12.7% decrease on web and increasing 11.8% on mobile, according to a recent Eilers & Krejcik report.
In 2019, KamaGames increased development spend as well as higher investments in both new and existing products, leading to a number of key achievements and dedicated areas of focus including;
- In December 2019, KamaGames set a new company record in terms of revenue, a number which has since been surpassed in January of 2020. Each month of 2019 also recorded growth when compared to the corresponding time period from the previous year.
- In 2019, KamaGames’ focus on the overall improvement of its core products across the portfolio which resulted in a record year for unique paying players per month, alongside an upturn in retention, the percentage of paying users, the average revenue per paying user (ARPPU) and the average revenue per user (ARPU) too.
- KamaGames’ Texas Hold’em poker game continues to grow on both Google Play and the App Store in key markets, including the USA, UK, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Australia.
- KamaGames’ roulette, blackjack and Omaha poker products have strengthened their positions as #1 in terms of player base and revenue in the social casino genre on both iOS and Android platforms. This success accompanies KamaGames’ Craps product which, following a number of sophisticated improvements in the previous year, now also holds the #1 spot in terms of revenue.
- One objective for KamaGames in 2019 was the addition of fresh, captivating features and events for new and existing players. This resulted in the expansion of the company’s Slots portfolio, along with the introduction of unique features such as a referral program, subscription service, an all-new casino guide, and social sports betting. KamaGames also carried out several different sales events that focused primarily on attracting new players.
- KamaGames also concentrated heavily on social engagement with the strategic rollout of new interactive features such as refreshed chat options and personalised avatars.
- The wider portfolio was also expanded with the launch of a number of new Party modes and multi-table tournaments, most notably MTT Omaha, MTT Joker Party and MTT 10 to Ace Party. This spotlight on expansion also included two increasingly popular titles which KamaGames predicts will grow even further in 2020, 3D Craps and Video Poker.
- 2019 user acquisition campaigns proved highly successful for the company, resulting in a high return on investment.
The company is also in the early stages of utilising machine learning models with the specific aim of effectively solving tasks in the area of player personalisation, which thus far, has proved highly successful. This is an area in which the KamaGames intends to further build upon in 2020.
A key factor in KamaGames’ enduring success has been the company’s dedication to providing a product yet to be matched in the social casino space. The operator intends to continue in this vein with the launch of several new monetisation features, regionally popular card games and events aimed at heightening player engagement and retention.
Intelligent and strategic partnerships have always been a key element in the success of KamaGames and 2020 will continue that trend. KamaGames will soon announce the launch of a partnership with an iconic American brand, allowing the company to access a highly targeted casino audience in the US region. This is a previously untapped user base for both KamaGames along with other leading social casino operators.
While in-game advertising does not provide a particularly strong revenue stream for social casino operators like KamaGames, the company does intend to test the waters in this space in 2020. Focusing on all areas of potential growth, KamaGames will also follow the launch of Pokerist on PS4 and Huawei App Gallery in 2019 by exploring new wide-reaching platforms in 2020.
Andrey Kuznetsov, CEO of KamaGames commented on the latest results highlighting that, thanks to the company’s success in recent years, it is currently on track to realise it’s long-standing goals. “We are incredibly proud of our continued growth in 2019, predominantly because, during this time, we successfully realised goals that we outlined for ourselves approximately 5 years ago. We not only have one of the most extensive portfolios of mobile games in our genre, but we are also proud to say that we have created an environment that allows players to seamlessly move through our many games, try new things and return to their favourite title with ease. This has allowed us to expand the reach of our products while increasing monetisation and player retention.”
“As we move into 2020, KamaGames’ core objective is to build on our most successful products by improving their offering even further. This includes our core poker title, Pokerist, which remains our top priority in terms of innovation. Throughout 2020 we intend to add a number of intricately designed new titles and features to our primary app, which we’re confident will boost its already wide-spread popularity even further. Among KamaGames’ new products are the recently launched Video Poker, which will soon host a variety of new features, jackpots, events and a wide range of video poker machines. KamaGames will take a similar approach with our current Slots games, revitalising the product with the help of a new, expanded team of experts, dedicated primarily to our Slots product. All of that said, the most notable contribution to our growth in 2020 will most likely come from several innovative and relevant partnerships which we plan on cultivating throughout the coming year.”
For more information contact:
Director of Global Communications
Established in 2010, KamaGames is the largest European social mobile poker operator.
Employing over 250 staff, KamaGames has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland as well as offices in London and the Isle of Man.
KamaGames’ flagship title Pokerist has been localised into 28 languages, was the #1 grossing app in 101 countries on the App Store and one of the top 5 grossing apps in 45 countries on Google Play.