Dublin / Republic of Ireland
This is a description of the job as it is at present constituted. It is the practice of this company to periodically examine employee’s job descriptions and to update them to incorporate changes in working practice so as to ensure they relate to the job as then being performed. This procedure is jointly conducted by each manager in consultation with those directly responsible to him or her.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be asked to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company as required.
Working as part of the Communications & Content team based in KamaGames’ head office in Dublin, Ireland, the Communications Executive will play a key role in growing audiences across all B2B & B2C channels whilst driving a consistent style and tone of voice in line with Global Marketing and Communications strategies.
Reporting to the Director of Global Communications & Content, the Communications Executive will have a wide range of responsibilities encompassing Public Relations, Events, Awards submissions as well as related tasks including social media analytics and in-depth research as required to support the wider Communications & Content team.
The ideal candidate will be very well organized, flexible, and creative. The ability to interact with staff at all levels and across several locations, to be proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of attention to detail being equally important.
The key responsibilities
- Support the Director of Global Communications as required with all areas of the event execution process ranging from logistics, stand design, merchandise and when needed, stand management during the event itself
- Regularly carry out research to ensure KamaGames are attending “the right” events and propose any additional events that would benefit the company through our attendance
- Carry out regular competitive analysis on what our competitors are doing in the events space, which events are they attending and in which capacity
- Support the Director of Global Communications as required with all areas of the day to day media relations strategy
- Work alongside and support the Brand Journalist to regularly monitor the key, top tier websites such as TechCrunch, Venturebeat to name a few, sharing any relevant and related competitor press coverage along with details of the writer in question to allow the Director of Communications & Content to follow up
- Manage and regularly update the KamaGames media database and coverage tracker as well as any additional administration tasks as required including the drafting of all press releases
- Provide “press office” support to media by providing required assets, dealing with press enquiries and distributing press releases via the KamaGames PR database
- Work with the KamaGames studio team providing support as required whilst providing them with AAA coverage for them to share via our own B2B social media channels
- Carry out extensive and detailed research as required. Working alongside the Brand Journalist, research background information for blogs, editorial features and social media posts
- Contribute ideas and suggestions with regards to opinion and observational text articles and where possible, write the first draft of your ideas
- Contribute to the overall team effort by completing individual and bespoke tasks as requested
- Work closely with the Social Media Manager to get a good understanding of the day to day posts that occur across all of our platforms in order to be able to provide cover during his absence
- Continually research relevant, appropriate awards that KamaGames should be attending and lead the awards entry process from start to finish. This should also include understanding what sponsorship opportunities there are available
- Research and compile a proposal of how the company can leverage social influencers to drive the Pokerist Brand. Once approved, develop the plan and execute, giving weekly updates on it progress and status
- In some exceptional circumstances, provide administration support to the Office Manager as required
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in a marketing or media focused role
- Excellent communicator, with strong written and oral communication skills
- A real team player with a strong, confident character and must have a sense of humor as well as being tech savvy
- Highly organized with the ability to anticipate needs and dependencies without being asked or directed
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to perform other duties as requested
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Experience in managing multiple projects, in a fast paced, high volume environment
- A primary degree or equivalent qualification (Marketing/Digital Marketing or a related discipline) is an advantage
- Basic knowledge/understanding of Digital Marketing and previous experience in the gaming industry is an advantage
KamaGames is the largest European social mobile poker operator, with over 530,000 daily active users. Established in 2010 and employing over 250 staff, KamaGames has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland as well as offices in London and Dubai.
The award-winning operator’s flagship title, Pokerist, has been the #1 grossing app in 101 countries on the App Store and one of the top 5 grossing apps in 45 countries on Google Play.
In 2017, KamaGames’ gross revenue increased by 63.4% year on year to $57.5 million compared to $35.2 million in 2016. The number of daily active users grew by 36% with the average revenue per paying user growing by 30% in the same period. Q1 2018 has already seen revenues increase by 47.9% compared to Q1 2017.
As a leading operator in the social casino industry, KamaGames are constantly monitoring new trends and technologies and as a result, have recently launched the KamaGames Token. Based on blockchain technology and the Ethereum platform, KamaGames Tokens are designed to give players the best possible return on their in-game currency purchases as well as guaranteed bonus chips every day.